A great way to get your asking price for your property, is by selling via rent to own agreement. Many sellers don’t realize just how beneficial the process can be. Learn more about how it works and how it will benefit you in our latest post!
If you have had trouble selling your house or if you haven’t been able to get an offer reflective of your asking price, a rent to own sale might be an incredible option for you. If you don’t need the cash from the sale immediately, a rent to own scenario can be one of the most lucrative ways to sell your house.
How A Rent To Own Agreement Works
A rent to own agreement is entered into between a buyer and seller and can provide benefits to both parties. The buyer will agree to rent the property for a specific period of time before they purchase outright with the help of a conventional loan. During the rental period, the buyer will be responsible for any repairs or maintenance. The tenant is given 1-2 years before the purchase will need to be made. The sales price is typically negotiated up front based on market data at the time of the sale. By agreeing on a price today, you’ll be able to get your asking price, plan for the future, and continue to make a passive income or have your mortgage, taxes, insurance, and utilities paid for over the next couple of years.
Perks for the buyer:
- The ability to buy without a down payment
- The ability to buy with poor credit
- The ability to lock in a price for the home at today’s rates
- The ability to try a home before committing to buy it
Perks for the seller:
- Get a higher asking price than listing the property
- Guaranteed income or mortgage payments for the duration of the lease
- No upgrades, or repairs needed
- No need for countless showings or strangers coming through your home
How To Sell your House Fast, with our Rent to Own option
There are many standard boilerplate agreements you can use to cover the basics. Additional terms and any other details should be added to the contract as a layer of protection. You will want to make sure you are covered if something goes awry. Before executing the final agreement, have your lawyer look it over to make sure all bases have been covered.
Some specifics you will want to include are:
- The amount paid in rent each month
- Upgrades or Repairs that are mutually agreed upon
- The length of the lease before the sale needs to be completed
- Purchase Price of the property
- Tenant and landlord responsibilities for repairs, taxes, utilities, and other ownership costs
- Date of either your move or a tenant vacating the property
Local Home Investment has one of the largest Rent to Own divisions in the country and have been helping Sellers take advantage of this opportunity to sell their home.
How To Sell your House Fast, with No Real Estate Commissions?
Local Home Investment earns their money from the buyer and manages the entire process for you. There is no need to make unnecessary repairs to just list your home and no need for countless showings and the hassle of listing your home and hope that it sells, you can have a guaranteed buyer today!